I was hoping health food stores would make different choices when selecting eggs, but that's not happening. Today, the majority of eggs available at these stores come from factory farms, and words like free-range mean nothing.
In this podcast, I'll give you a brief history of factory farming, decode the words used on egg cartons and tell you how to buy a "healthy" egg.
LINKS ON THIS PODCAST
* HOW IT’S MADE - EGGS - enlightening video on modern day chicken farms. See eggs being pinged!
* Nutritional value of pasture raised eggs vs. factory farm eggs
* Cornucopia.org - rating egg farms all over the US
* Signup for making animal welfare mandatory
* Lawsuit against Judy’s chickens. Their lame rebuttal
* Student Video on Egg Production - Great history video